- Anthony Bourdain – No Reservations (iTunes link) , Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations (Official Youtube Clips)
- The best travel food show ever created. Yeah, he’s got a temper and attitude much of the time, but he’s mostly lovable and he goes to some pretty amazing places to eat some pretty amazing food. I wish I could hang out with Eric Ripert and Daniel Boulud like it was no big deal.
- Top Chef (iTunes link), Top Chef Youtube Clips
- Top Chef is always good fun. And Top Chef Masters was the best reality series I’ve ever seen.
- Giada at Home , Youtube clips
- Ever so lovely.
- Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa
- “Just throw 3 whole chickens in the pot.”
This is generally what music plays in our kitchen while we cook (and clean), it rotates depending on the mood and what we’re into lately.
I’m a big fan of music I can just groove to, no need to sing along when cooking, or doing dishes, (I think it makes it go faster). I’m also a big fan of many genres, lemme tell ya, the girls don’t much like metal, but its the best music to wash your kitchen floor to. Side-note, It’ll probably come up more than a few times, I have mad guy love for John Mayer. I wrote an article about it a few years back for the paper actually, ha. Finally, Coheed is hands down my favorite band. Who cares if Claudio makes absolutely no sense. They are a modern day Rush (also brilliant), and they rock so hard. You gotta respect the idea of not just a concept album, but a concept band. Enjoy.
We like world flavors, and I like to match the music to the dish, whether it’s Latin, Indian, African or Middle Eastern. Day to day, I like music with soul. You gotta feel the groove when you’re cooking. Oldies are good, but so are contemporary artists with retro sound, such as the following:
ZAP (local Columbia band)